Saturday, October 12, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free)

Now, I am not eating gluten free at the moment. I do not envision this blog to be a place where I post lots of recipes. I do however have a friend who was diagnosed with Celiac's disease this summer. I hosted Bible Study at my house (first in the new home!) last week, and I was looking for some goodies to serve that she could eat. I came across this recipe and made it, because, well, who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate? 
When they were finished and I tried one, I was AMAZED. They are incredible! I usually slightly underbake my cookies so you get that Ooey-Gooey-Chewy texture, but these have it naturally since they don't contain any flour. They are rich and moist and a great combination of the peanut butter and chocolate. I could eat several in one sitting... and did. (And... confession... then Little Guy and I made them again the next week and had more!) Enjoy!

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/4 cups peanut butter (I used smooth)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips or a chopped up chocolate bar 

1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl or your mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.  
3. Add the chocolate chips.  
4. Mold the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place 2" apart on the cookie sheet.  
5. Bake 13-15 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown, and the tops begin to solidify but are still soft in the middle.  
6. Cool them on the cookie sheet for a few minutes until firmed up, then remove to cool completely. (Or eat them while they are still warm and gooey!)  

I was feeling artsy, so here are some pics of the cookies in their formation:


Just sitting... waiting to be baked... You can see that the size of cookies I formed turned out to be a little over two dozen total cookies.


Just look at that cookie dough... all ready to be baked...


Up close and personal...


 And ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment