Friday, November 8, 2013

Project: Entryway

As we get more and more settled in to the new house (moved 9-1-13), I can begin to think about decorating. We got the big stuff done within the first week, partly because we didn't want to drag it out, but mostly because our caseworker wanted to see the house on the 9th for a walk-through and inspection. I was glad to be finished with moving, even though it was a very busy time with late nights.

Anyway, I had finished some little areas of the house that I worked on as projects, including our entryway. Just wanted to share some pictures!


 Here is the front door with the wreath I bought at Target several years back. I added a burlap-wrapped letter "E" for our family this fall.


 Here's another viewpoint.


This is the last part of Project Entryway, which I just added at the beginning of this month. We had the mirror (an ancient Hobby Lobby purchase) sitting in the garage, waiting to be used, and the shoe organizer (from Ikea) in our bedroom, taking up too much space in front of our bed and serving as just somewhat of a decoration. I needed something to organize the drop-zone that is our front entryway. The only thing that would make it more functional would be cute organizers on the wall to hold papers and other items on their way out of the house, but I like the uncluttered look of it. I will post a picture sometime of my "office" area (just a corner of my bedroom) where I have our family organization center.


This window came from Kyle's grandfather's (PawPaw) beach cabin down on the coast. The family sold the cabin and property after his death in 2004, right before Hurricane Rita demolished the entire area. The cabin was completely gone following the storm. All of the four kids received an old window, as they had been replaced a few years before. This was hanging, plain, above our fireplace mantle at the old house, but as we don't have an fireplace in the new house, I wanted to figure out another place to utilize this fun keepsake. I plan to add more to it, maybe make it seasonal, so I'll post more pictures for fun if I do.


Here's a picture straight on.

Thanks for reading and for indulging me!

No comments:

Post a Comment