Thursday, February 20, 2014

Visitation 2-20-2014

The saga continues with one more visit today for the twins and their former caretakers. There isn't really a lot to report, as I just dropped them off today and a transporter brought them home. Nobody but the front receptionist was there at the office and she took the girls back to the visiting room and I left. I tried calling the lawyer and caseworker and left messages asking for updates, but I haven't heard anything yet.

We have less than a week to go until we hear when the dates of the trial are. We're really debating if I should attend this hearing or not.

On one hand, just showing up says that we are invested in the case and care about the outcome. If I went, we would hear everything first hand and not have to rely on the lawyer and caseworker to pass on any information.

On the other hand, if the only purpose of the hearing is to announce the trial dates, and I am not going to be able to make any contribution by my presence, than it would be probably best to not go. Arranging childcare for the day and driving all that way is sometimes an annoyance.

So, nothing new to report.

Well, actually, both girls came home in the clothes they were wearing when I dressed them this morning, which means they had no accidents during the visit! They continued their awesomeness by not having any the rest of the day, either! Back on track! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment