Friday, April 11, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Well, folks, it's the end of another week!

1. A friend had recently finished the book The Giver by Lois Lowry. Just briefly chatting with him about the book made me want to re-read it. Which I did. Same day. I remember this as one of my favorite books when I was younger. I can't believe I missed hearing the news, but a movie is being made based on the book and it is coming out in August!

2. We don't have cable anymore, so when we use the TV, we watch shows through Netflix or Redbox. We are currently trying a one-month membership to Amazon Prime to see if that would be better than Netflix. This week, we are loving Pandora music streaming through the Roku box at our house. I turn on a Toddler or Disney station and the kids just light up. The twins especially love music and singing - they're even rubbing off on Little Guy, who's been singing everywhere in the car lately, too! I've got to say, there are a lot of versions of "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" out there!

3. We had absolutely beautiful weather this week in Texas. I know it will only be a short time until the temperatures are climbing into the 90's and 100's, so I will treasure this Spring time for as long as I can!

4. We're tentatively making plans for the twins' Big Sister to come visit for a weekend, so she can have some time away and have some time with her two siblings. It's looking like the weekend following Easter will be the time. We'll pray for it to be a good experience for everyone, and for those who meet and interact with her here to make it pleasant and fun.

5. Last night, the Man of the House picked this up for me on his way home:
I cannot say enough about how much this guy pitches in around the house. I might get the dishes done and the dishwasher loaded during the day, but when he leaves in the morning for school, the dishwasher is empty, all of the clean dishes unloaded, ready to begin the process all over! (It's a great system we have worked out!) He ALWAYS lets me run to the restroom as soon as he comes home - priorities, right? He has no problem throwing a load of laundry in the wash either. He's terrific at getting the kids their baths and LOVES reading them stories. Such a patient, sweet man. What a blessing to see him be so involved and active in the kids' lives. God bless your day, honey!

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment