Friday, May 23, 2014

A Home for the Twins' Siblings!

I had written a while back that I may have good news to share about the twins' siblings and their placement, but I couldn't at the time because it wasn't final. I have shared before that they have been in a shelter for about two months now, after their foster family asked for their removal.

Well, the 3-year-old sister and 1-year-old brother went to a new family this week! AND they're in the same town as us! AND we know them!

It's a long-ish story. We met the couple at a foster parent training and knew mutual friends. We have met for dinner and play dates a few times over the last year. They are such a sweet, loving, faith-filled family with three biological children already.

Right around the time when we found out that the two siblings were sent to the children's shelter, and we were unable to take them in, I ran into the woman at the library. She was very excited to tell me that they were finally, finally officially approved to take in foster children. All they needed to do was wait for an opportunity to come their way. I was beyond excited to hear this, literally the DAY after we had to say no to taking in the two siblings. I called our caseworkers and lawyers to tell them about this family.

Time passed on, and I believe that the placement didn't happen at first because this family is a foster family, and they are really wanting a foster-adopt family. The caseworkers and lawyer are attempting to show that they are working towards permanence and security. I understood that, but I was disheartened, because it seemed like such a good situation - awesome family, we already knew each other so we would be comfortable meeting up, close proximity to us for visits and play time, etc.

Well, the mom let me know that the siblings are moving in this week with them! We're so very excited for both the foster family and the two beautiful children they are taking in. God always has a plan, and we are so happy to see this chapter play itself out!

We're already making plans to get together this weekend so the four siblings can see each other.

God answers prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment