Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Guess We'll Have to Wait Until Tomorrow...

This will be a short update, because not much is happening on the homefront. The visits will continue, twice a month, through the trial date in June.

We did receive a very odd e-mail today. Our caseworker (Tbe Man of the House and me) wrote saying that she needed to come visit, and would 9:00 am tomorrow morning be okay? And the twins' caseworker was coming as well. And The Man of the House needs to be there, so could he get a sub for his classroom for the morning? They (the two caseworkers) need to talk to us together.

I didn't want to overreact, but I wanted to ease our nerves about this. I immediately called, and asked her, "Is everything okay?" She said there was nothing bad happening, but there was something that would take too long over the phone to discuss, so they needed to chat with us in person, "to give us all the information so we could make some decisions moving forward." We were relieved to know that there wasn't anything horrible that had happened, but still pretty stumped as to what the conversation will be regarding.

Obviously, we think it's about their request for us to take in the other siblings. Later on, I also mentioned to The Man of the House that maybe they found a home that could take all five of the kids, and so they want to move them.

Mysterious, mysterious.

Of course it could be nothing of the sort, and maybe they just want to go over case details, so we can be prepared for the trial, since the while thing is a little out of the ordinary, relative to how CPS cases are normally handled. Who knows? I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow...

If we were in this for easy resolutions, we would have gotten out years ago. We know that the entire process is fraught with ups and downs, and that we just need to roll with the punches. We've always said we could handle anything in regard to the foster care and adoption situations, we just need communication, honesty, and "heads-up" whenever possible, to avoid being blindsided.

God has so graciously given my husband such a measure of patience and strength to deal with anything that comes his way. I have learned much from him over the twelve years we've been together. I'm a far cry from having reached this goal, but I like to think that God has taught me patience as well, and is continually refining this part of my character. We are blessed to spend the time that we have with the kids - all of them - and know that it is in His hands.

Thanks as always for thoughts, encouragement, and support. I will update the next step of this journey as soon as I can. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment